Clear Springs Energy Center
Located in Guadalupe County, TX
Guadalupe – Clear Springs
The Clear Springs Energy Center is a 579 MW simple cycle gas fired electric generating facility located in Guadalupe County, TX. The Facility will consists of three highly-efficient, super clean 193 MW gas turbines with AGC, evaporative cooling and dry low NOx burners. Upon completion, this Facility will support peak energy demands in the South Zone of ERCOT.
The Facility is anticipated to be operated in the 2017-2018 timeframe.
Clear Springs Energy Center will:
- Insure increased reliability of the ERCOT systems grid for the growing San Antonio, Seguin, New Braunfels and Austin area.
- Support the development of additional renewable generation by closing the generating gap caused when renewable energy suddenly drops offline
- Utilize the latest, most advanced emissions-control technology, making it one of the cleanest natural gas-fueled power plants in the United States
- Significant contributor to the area’s economy during construction and an increase in the Guadalupe County property tax base
- Create 50 – 75 workers during construction phase and 4 direct jobs to the plant and 12 indirect jobs to support the plant
- Employ “Quick start” turbines which can achieve 100% power production in 10 minutes
- Provide higher power output during high temperature conditions, making the plant ideal for Texas’ hot summers
- Location: Guadalupe, TX
- Site Size: 30 acres
- Facility Name: Clear Springs Energy Center
- Facility Size: 579 Megawatts
- Interconnection Voltage: 345 kV
- Technology: Simple Cycle Gas Turbine Facility with Evaporative coolers
- Technology Provider: GE 7FA.04’s
- Fuel: Natural Gas
- Air Permit: PSDTX1414; GHGPSDTX120
- Construction Time: 9-12 months
- Water Usage: Average water consumption during operation of 26 gallons per minute/turbine when evaporative coolers are needed